Welcome to HGS MathComp!
The Heidelberg Graduate School for Mathematical and Computational Methods in the Sciences (HGS MathComp) is a structured doctoral program at Heidelberg University.
We support doctoral candidates by
- offering an individual training program for all our fellows,
- supplying a mobility program to attend conferences, workshops and summer schools,
- building an international training network based on guest visits, joint training activities and exchange of young researchers with partner institutions,
- improving research quality through interaction between the candidates and their thesis advisory committee and
- preparing all our fellows for the next step of their career, either in academia or in companies and public institutions.
Membership in HGS MathComp is open to all students in our fields of research. We invite PhD candidates from mathematics, computer science, scientific computing and all fields of mathematical and computational methods to apply for membership. Based in Heidelberg, we aim not only at students from our own university, but also invite international PhD candidates to apply for guest membership.
With our Upstream program, we specifically support women in science and aim to overcome the “leaking pipeline”, the disproportional career development between female and male scientists. With Upstream we also embrace diversity in all sectors of our graduate school and search new ways of making diversity visible, improving acceptance of diversity and using the power of our diverse members to develop a strong program for young researchers.
Dr. Michael Winckler
For more information on HGS MathComp and our membership offer, please send an email to email@example.com.